Step By Step
We do our best to provide a simple process for booking set time at The Docville Western Movie Set. If you’re serious about renting all or parts of the property for your project, then here’s the plan:
- Call (416) 508-0532 with your project details
- Visit the site with your technical team
- Confirm production dates including set-up and tear down time
- List location, prop & service requirements
- Provide proof of insurance and workplace insurance coverage
- Commit to rental agreement
- Receive invoice and payment instructions
- Make deposit payments
- Make balance payments
- Complete film shoot
- Await post-shoot damage inspection
- Receive notice that all deposits owing are on their way to you within 3 business days after final inspection;
- Provide feedback/testimonials
The property can be rented in its entirety, by section or by building based on a half-day and full-day rate. Special pricing is available for film schools and student projects.
All productions – INCLUDING STUDENT PRODUCTIONS – will be required to sign a rental agreement and provide $2Million in liability insurance covering the production’s equipment and crew; as well, the production group must also provide proof of WSIB insurance for all labor and trades on the property that aren’t covered by a 3rd party employer.
The rental agreement will require a damage deposit. If there are no concerns then that amount will be returned within 3 business days after the production team has cleared the property for the last time.
All financial transactions will require an e-transfer by on-line Interact or bank transfer.
- Period props are available for rental based on a fixed daily rate per item.
- Packages are available that include access to all of the property’s buggies, carts and outdoor props.
- Interior decor packages include period lights, tables, chairs and bar/saloon accessories.
Call (416) 508-0532 To Discuss
Your Film or Photo Project